In the Blue Roll Cart
EVERY OTHER WEEK (Same Day as Garbage) ALL MIXED RECYCLING (EXCEPT RED-BASKET ITEMS LISTED BELOW)
These materials must be clean and prepared as usual. They may be mixed together in the blue cart.
- Cardboard (Please flatten) – Grayboard (Please flatten)
- Magazines and Catalogues
- Clean Newspaper
- Clean Mixed Paper (Place shredded paper in paper bags)
- Rigid Plastic Containers (#1-7 bottles/tubs/trays (Please rinse and flatten)
- Tin and Aluminum Cans and Foil (Please rinse, remove label, no need to flatten!)
- Aerosol Cans Remove spray-tip/discard. ALL cans must be empty.
- Small Scrap Metal 18-inches or less, less than 10lbs. Hangers, door knobs, small gutter pieces. Larger items? Call your garbage hauler direct.
In the Red Basket
EVERY OTHER WEEK (Same Day as Garbage) Special Recyclables in the RED BASKET GOES OUT WITH BLUE-CART FOR BI-WEEKLY COLLECTION
- Glass Bottles and Jars (Separate by color, no broken glass or light bulbs. Please remove lid and rinse, labels are O.K.)
- Used Motor Oil (2-gallon maximum, place in 1-gallon plastic jug with screw on lid.)
- Useable Latex Paint (2-gallon maximum, no leaking/rusted cans.)
- Dry Cell Batteries (Seal up into see-thru plastic zipper-lock style bag.)
- Antifreeze Place into see-thru plastic jug with tight fitting cap. Keep motor oil and antifreeze separate.
- Used Cooking Oil Place cooled used-cooking oil into same container and cap originally purchased, or place into CLEAN see-thru plastic jug with tight fitting cap. 2-gallons per week maximum. DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER RECYCLABLES.
In the Green or Brown Mixed Organics Cart
WEEKLY SERVICE (Same Day as Garbage) These materials must be un-bagged, and free from contamination
- Grass, leaves, weeds, twigs, brush, pine needles, Christmas trees, pumpkins, limbs (not over 4” diameter. Lid must completely close)
- Food waste including breads, grains, coffee grounds, tea leaves, dairy products, egg shells, bones, fruits, vegetables, meats, proteins, seafood & shells
- Paper, such as coffee filters, tea bags, food soiled napkins, paper towels and brown cardboard pizza boxes
Do not place your mini – kitchen compost bin at the curb for collection. Dump the contents directly into the mixed organics cart.
NOT ACCEPTABLE IN MIXED ORGANICS CART
- Sod, Rock or Gravel
- Stumps or Logs
- Animal-Carcasses/Waste or Litter
- Painted or Finished Wood
- Plastic Bags or Plastic of any kind
In the Grey Garbage Cart
WEEKLY SERVICE EVERY WEEK REGULAR, NON-HAZARDOUS, HOUSEHOLD WASTE
Please place lightweight items into sealed bags to prevent blowing (i.e. cold ashes, packing peanuts, etc.)
- Tissues and Hygiene Products
- Plastic Films and Wraps
- General, Non-Hazardous Waste
THESE MATERIALS REQUIRE SPECIAL HANDLING
- Hot Ashes (Which can damage the cart & truck) – Paints, Chemicals, Pesticides, etc.
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Fluids (which can leak onto street)
- Rock, Cement, Gravel or dirt
- State Regulated Medical Waste
- State Regulated Hazardous Waste
- Anything that prevents lids from closing
- Items that weigh more than 200 lbs.
WHEN PLACING CARTS/CONTAINERS AT THE CURB, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SPACE THEM ABOUT 4-FT APART FOR OUR AUTOMATED TRUCK’S METAL ARM
CALL US TODAY FOR “EXTRA” HAUL AWAYS 503 363-7923